Friday, 28 November 2014

I Aint No Hasselback Girl (well, actually I am now!)

Meet my first attempt at a Hasselback Potato!


The name Hasselback dates back to the 1700s in Sweden, where this dish was served at the Hasselbacken Hotel.

You start with an unpeeled potato. Make straight slices nearly to the bottom, but not all the way through. Keep doing this so they are 5mm apart. I mixed up melted butter, garlic, onion flakes and a little oil. Dredge this over the potato, then pop it into a moderate oven. Five minutes before the finishing time, I spread over a little grated parmesan. A medium sized potato will be done in around 45 minutes.

Enjoy!

8 comments:

  1. Oooh...this looks sooo good! I wanna be a Hasselback Girl too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eileen! it was so crunchy, but soft on the inside. A little bit of fancy now and then makes you smile! cheers

      Delete
  2. Wow this looks so delish! It's making me very very hungry! I so need to figure out how to use my owen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rose it was delish, and such a fancy pants way to serve a humble spud. I hope you figure out your oven!

      Delete
  3. I have not made these for years! I think I will do them for our Christmas meal, thanks for the reminder :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the yes... I want this in my life annnnnd..... I want in on being a Hasselback Girl too. We should totes start a girl band. LOL! :) Delicious looking spud, its making me drool and I am not even slightly hungry.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! A band would be totes amazeballs ; ) The spud was good, but I've thought of some aweeeesome adaptations. Can you imagine small slices of Pialligo estate bacon tucked in there, and some grated philly/tasty cheese on top? Insert Homer in 3....2...1... droooolin'.

      Delete