Sunday, 18 January 2015

Veggie Swapping

There is nothing better than when your neighbour asks "do you like zucchinis? because we have too many".  Score! Apparently my neighbours vegetable garden is cropping zucchinis like crazy, but their tomatoes have yet to ripen.  My reply, "I sure do, would you like some tomatoes?". My tomatoes have been cropping for weeks, and I had excess.  "Yes please!".

And so the vegetables were swapped.

I love being able to share produce with others. If it doesn't happen with your neighbour, try your workmates, or friends and family. Fresh, free, quality produce is always greatly received.

So, what to do with the 4 large green and gold zucchinis?  Zucchini boats, filled with a little bolognaise sauce and generously topped with cheese.
Pre oven >

Post oven >



4 comments:

  1. I wish I had someone to share produce with - living in apartments it's always a bit hard! I love making stuffed zucchinis - they are so delicious, especially with bolognese!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Giulia I think anything stuffed is always good. A chance to be creative with the fillings. I just love stuffed ricotta pasta shells, the gigantic ones! These boats were delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Home grown is wonderful, isn't it Kirsty... I love, love, love bartering. And zucchinis are delicious in this way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Liz, it sure is. I might be crazy but I planted corn on the weekend. I am also thinking I need a 3rd and 4th raised garden bed!

      Delete