Thursday, 24 November 2016

Elegant Party Bundt

Wow! This Gingerbread Bundt cake turned out a treat!  Made in my new Nordicware 'Elegant Party' Bundt cake tin, it made slicing a breeze as I just followed the indents.  It was super impressive, and it made a tasty option in a recent work morning tea. 

Now... for the cake.

It was a Gingerbread recipe, full of heady spices and molasses goodness. Yep, that's right... molasses. I got the recipe from the King Arthur Flour website, and what a coincidence, they used the very same bundt tin for theirs! 



For the glaze, I wanted something just colourful enough to be seen, but with a nice complimentary flavour. The cinnamon glaze from the blog Someone Left the Cake Out In The Rain certainly did the trick.  



All up, a very delicious cake, firm but not dry. Would go heavenly with a caramel drizzle for the icing. Maybe next time :)  

4 comments:

  1. looks great Kirsty, I love gingerbread, as well as bundts as they save me from decorating ;) Did you use the very dark (blackstrap) molasses we get here or substitute treacle or similar?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beck, I used molasses from a jar in this one, (Blue Label, Aussie made) which is soooo dark. I think its also called 'black treacle' in Australia but I need to research the whole molasses/treacle thing to really know what is what. Reminds me... I'm out of molasses now :)

      Delete
  2. My mouth is now watering! Super yummy, perfect for a Christmas treat :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thanks Agness. This was a delicious cake.

      Delete