Sunday, 24 July 2016

Indulge Coffee and Chocolate Expo

With so many delicious vendors exhibiting and selling their wares, it was hard to know where to start at the second Indulge Coffee and Chocolate Expo. As the crowds began to enter just past 10.00am, I went with the flow and let my nose direct me to the booths. From cold pressed coffee, to cocktails, to cupcakes, hot coffee, rhubarb chocolate, ice cream and pastry delights. The Canberra Convention Centre has never smelled better.

A cute little cocoa cupcake from Crafted 3. 

Team Frugii offering tastes of ice cream delights. 

Latorta demonstrating how to make flavoured chocolate bars, and gold dusted chocolate truffles.


Brownies galore, and a couple of delicious pies for a take home Saturday lunch (chicken and bacon, & beef and shiraz) from Morish Morsels.

Mr Scroll and his delectable range of flavoured scrolls. Wow, the line up was long!

The folks from Ricococo’s and their amazing chocolate tea. I bought a box which comes with DIY tea bags. Put in as little or as much as you like, and the tea is wonderfully chocolate tasting. Not too bitter or sweet just on its own.

Too early for a cocktail? Nah, Suke Suke has you sorted.

Tea Garden and their range of premium teas, as the expo is more than just coffee and chocolate.

Finally, a sign at the children’s Wonka zone, which made me chuckle.

I hope this expo is held at the Canberra Convention Centre again next year. Entry price for an online ticket purchased prior to the event was only $11, or $15 for a ticket bought at the door. Kids under 12 were free. 

21 comments:

  1. Chocolate and coffee are two of the best things life. How great that this expo combined them together!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mindi it surely was. Only the second time this event has been held, but it has got better each time :)

      Delete
  2. This place is gorgeous and everything looks so delicious. My daughter would have gone crazy in here!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was so much to take in Nathan. The chocolate tea was my highlight (and I have a box of it in the cupboard still, yay!). I'm sure your daughter would have had a ball.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. He indeed loves what he does, and we love him back. The scrolls are so soft and pillowy :)

      Delete
  4. looks awesome, especially the cocoa cupcake! Wish that I could attend such an amazing event, but sadly I live in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure Yang there are equally as delicious events in the UK.

      Delete
  5. Yup, 2 of the most delicious and fabulous things, although too much of both does cause me all kinds of problems. Its rad to see a positive review about this event, everyone I spoke to said they didn't see the value in it. Clearly have a weird way of looking at the world huh? Now, how do I get my hands on some of the DIY tea too. Is this something I can find any ol time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Anna. Pop over to RicoCoco's website (link in post) and you can order online or there is a single Cbr place for pick up by arrangement. Happy sipping!

      Delete
  6. This looks like a wonderful expo! How was the chocolate tea though? I have never hard that combination but am intrigued to know more as in does it taste more akin to a black tea or green tea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Prateek. Re: the choc tea, you know you are drinking a tea but it has an uncanny bold chocolate taste. I thought it might be a tad cloying, being chocolate, but its very clean. I would say more like a black tea, but with the clean feel of green. Hard to describe. Its certainly nothing like I have had before.

      Delete
  7. We were there too! We went in the afternoon. Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Afternoon would be the better time to try a coffee cocktail too :)

      Delete
  8. We have a chocolate event similar but they do not combine it with coffee. Like wow talk about running around super charged and bouncing off the walls lol. Looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to be selective about my intake, or else I wouldn't have slept that night!!!

      Delete
  9. ROTFL I love love that sign. especially the kazoo AFTER the caffeine and puppy

    ReplyDelete
  10. So many interesting brands here, most of whom I haven't heard of so it looks worth going to to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've had my office hooked on the chocolate tea since I brought some in. Just smelling it is heavenly!! That was an awesome find. I urge you to seek some out. #lifechanging :)

      Delete
  11. This place is gorgeous and everything looks so delicious. My daughter would have gone crazy in here!



    ** สล็อต ออนไลน์ ได้ เงิน จริง**
    ** goldenslot mobile**

    ReplyDelete